Tuesday 2 March 2010

Tomato and Prawn Spaghetti

Pasta is always a favourite comfort food for my family and me; it’s quick and easy to cook and always tastes good. This simple but delightful Tomato and Prawn Spaghetti is one of my own recipes that I cook when I want a quick meal during the week. It has so many flavours, is low in fat and perfect if like me you are trying to lose some weight!

Tomato and Prawn Spaghetti
Serves 4

Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
240g tiger prawns, peeled
splash of white wine
400g can chopped tomatoes
1 teaspoon crushed chilli flakes
salt and pepper
spaghetti or pasta of choice

Heat the olive oil in a large pan and cook the crushed garlic for a few mins at a gentle heat. Add prawns and a splash of white wine and cook for a further few mins. Add the tomatoes, crushed chilli flakes, salt and pepper and simmer for 10 mins. Boil pasta according to packet instructions, drain and add to the tomato sauce and serve.

7 comments:

Snooky doodle said...

what a nice dish :)

Diana's Cocina said...

I love shrimp! Sounds delish.

MaryBeth said...

I love shrimp and have never thought of making it this way before...great idea and so quick and easy too

Katherine said...

This looks yummy! And I know that my husband would love it :)

It is good to be back, visiting your blog again!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to try this for dinner tonight. Thanks Amy x

Anonymous said...

Sounds delish!! I'm going to cook this on Saturday night as my first meal for my new girlfriend's first visit to my house!! Can't wait!!
Matt :)

Louis said...

This is very nice. However, for four people you need more chopped tomato. I also added olives to this.